Youth club is a success
PORTISHEAD’S newly revamped youth centre has seen a sharp rise in users since it re-opened last month after a �1 million facelift.
More than 100 youngsters chose the youth club over trick or treating on October 31 this year. A spooktacular evening kept the teenagers off the street on what police have described as one of the quietest Halloween’s Portishead has experienced. The youth centre activities included a devilish fancy dress disco and a performance by Audacity dance group.
Full time youth worker Alan Rowe said: “I am delighted at the surge of users for both day time and evening activities at the centre.
“Adults and young people in Portishead have really taken the new look centre to their hearts and I have been overwhelmed by all the positive feedback.”
The youth club remained open throughout the October school holidays and was used by an average of 45 young people during each of the evening sessions.
You may also want to watch:
Portishead Youth Club is open Monday to Thursday from 7pm for youngsters in school years seven and above.
- 1 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 2 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 3 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 4 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser