Youth club is a success
PORTISHEAD’S newly revamped youth centre has seen a sharp rise in users since it re-opened last month after a �1 million facelift.
More than 100 youngsters chose the youth club over trick or treating on October 31 this year. A spooktacular evening kept the teenagers off the street on what police have described as one of the quietest Halloween’s Portishead has experienced. The youth centre activities included a devilish fancy dress disco and a performance by Audacity dance group.
Full time youth worker Alan Rowe said: “I am delighted at the surge of users for both day time and evening activities at the centre.
“Adults and young people in Portishead have really taken the new look centre to their hearts and I have been overwhelmed by all the positive feedback.”
The youth club remained open throughout the October school holidays and was used by an average of 45 young people during each of the evening sessions.
Portishead Youth Club is open Monday to Thursday from 7pm for youngsters in school years seven and above.
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 3 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 4 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 7 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
- 8 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 9 'Accidental' house fire sees fire crews called out
- 10 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports