Youth club is a success
PORTISHEAD’S newly revamped youth centre has seen a sharp rise in users since it re-opened last month after a �1 million facelift.
More than 100 youngsters chose the youth club over trick or treating on October 31 this year. A spooktacular evening kept the teenagers off the street on what police have described as one of the quietest Halloween’s Portishead has experienced. The youth centre activities included a devilish fancy dress disco and a performance by Audacity dance group.
Full time youth worker Alan Rowe said: “I am delighted at the surge of users for both day time and evening activities at the centre.
“Adults and young people in Portishead have really taken the new look centre to their hearts and I have been overwhelmed by all the positive feedback.”
The youth club remained open throughout the October school holidays and was used by an average of 45 young people during each of the evening sessions.
You may also want to watch:
Portishead Youth Club is open Monday to Thursday from 7pm for youngsters in school years seven and above.
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 6 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 7 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse