Youth club is a success
PORTISHEAD’S newly revamped youth centre has seen a sharp rise in users since it re-opened last month after a �1 million facelift.
More than 100 youngsters chose the youth club over trick or treating on October 31 this year. A spooktacular evening kept the teenagers off the street on what police have described as one of the quietest Halloween’s Portishead has experienced. The youth centre activities included a devilish fancy dress disco and a performance by Audacity dance group.
Full time youth worker Alan Rowe said: “I am delighted at the surge of users for both day time and evening activities at the centre.
“Adults and young people in Portishead have really taken the new look centre to their hearts and I have been overwhelmed by all the positive feedback.”
The youth club remained open throughout the October school holidays and was used by an average of 45 young people during each of the evening sessions.
You may also want to watch:
Portishead Youth Club is open Monday to Thursday from 7pm for youngsters in school years seven and above.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery