THE achievements of young people from across North Somerset were recognised at a special ceremony.
More than 300 youngsters were presented with certificates of achievement at the North Somerset Youth Service Awards held at the Winter Gardens in Weston.
This was the fifth annual event to celebrate young people’s learning, while involved in youth clubs and youth projects across the district.
The awards were given for achievements in a variety of activities ranging from volunteering in the community and awareness training to music, art and dance activities.
You may also want to watch:
The youth service also recognised the partnerships with management committees, agencies and volunteers in the communities.
The event, to which all recipients of an award were invited, provided a free buffet for the young people and their guests along with live entertainment.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery
The entertainment was provided by a young jazz band entitled The Gentlemen’s Luncheon Club, a singing group from Banwell, Audacity youth dance group from Portishead Youth Centre and rock band ac, from the Portishead Rock and Dance Academy.
Nick Yates, a spokesman for North Somerset Council said: “This is a fantastic way to recognise and celebrate the achievement of young people in our area.”