Tree of Light campaign begins
ONCE again this year, the North Somerset Times has teamed up with Portishead Christmas lights committee to support the Tree of Light campaign.
Lights on the festive tree above Iceland, in The Precinct, will sparkle in memory of loved ones throughout December and into the New Year.
To take part all you need to do is complete a form published in today’s (Wed) editon of the Times and return it with a minimum donation of �5.
Every single penny donated will go towards the lights and the names of all those remembered will be published in the paper the week before Christmas.
In addition, for the second year running, details of people remembered will also be displayed on a screen in the shop window of Freemans Home Entertainment Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Photographs can be included and should be emailed to email@example.com or provided on disk or as hard copy attached to the form.
These can be sent to the North Somerset Times office at 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, BS23 1LW or handed in at Freemans, 47 High Street.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 6 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 7 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 10 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic