Search for a suitable site to install new equipment
THE search is on to find a park in Portishead worthy of new play equipment.
Portishead Town Council set aside �30,000 for apparatus chosen by teenagers after calls were made for more play equipment for older children to be put in place in the town.
After a lengthy battle to gain landlord’s consent to site a hamster wheel, a surfer and a large swing at the Lake Grounds, the town council has now received official notice from North Somerset Council that permission will not be granted.
At the August meeting of the town council, it was agreed that a small working party would be set up to investigate an alternative site.
Brampton Way park, which was revamped as part of a community project last year, is one of the sites likely to be considered.
You may also want to watch:
Plans to install apparatus for older children as part of the revamp had to be abandoned when funds failed to materialise, disappointing many of the young teenagers who helped with the project.
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset