Music and dance bring the house down
YOUNG people in Portishead brought the house down at an evening of music and dance at the town’s youth centre.
The event, organised by teenagers, provided an opportunity for the youths to show off the skills they have learnt at the Harbour Road club.
Bands, DJs and dance group Audacity staged a two-hour show which helped raise funds for the final phase of the building’s redevelopment.
The centre has already undergone extensive improvement but the final phase, which will see improvements to the outside of the building as well as providing additional space within the premises, is due to start later in the spring.
The centre provides youth activities during weekday evenings and pre-school daytime activities Monday to Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Young people in the town are hoping the centre will also be open to them at weekends once the redevelopment is complete.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships