Music and dance bring the house down
YOUNG people in Portishead brought the house down at an evening of music and dance at the town’s youth centre.
The event, organised by teenagers, provided an opportunity for the youths to show off the skills they have learnt at the Harbour Road club.
Bands, DJs and dance group Audacity staged a two-hour show which helped raise funds for the final phase of the building’s redevelopment.
The centre has already undergone extensive improvement but the final phase, which will see improvements to the outside of the building as well as providing additional space within the premises, is due to start later in the spring.
The centre provides youth activities during weekday evenings and pre-school daytime activities Monday to Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Young people in the town are hoping the centre will also be open to them at weekends once the redevelopment is complete.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week