Golden Oldies’ concert cash
A GOLDEN Oldies concert in Portishead has raised over �1,000.
The Goldies charity, which is well known for bringing joy to hundreds of older people through its weekly singing and activity sessions, joined Portishead Community Choir to present a Christmas concert at the town’s High Street Methodist Church.
At the event the Lions Club of Portishead handed the Portishead branch of the Golden Oldies Charitable Trust a donation of �350 which was added to the concert takings of �700.
Presenting the cheque to session leader Julie Lucas, Lion Kelvin Hughes, said: “The Lions Club of Portishead is delighted to present this cheque to the Golden Oldies who do fantastic work with senior citizens in the local community.”
The Portishead Goldies meet on Fridays between 10.30-11.30am at the Jubilee Hall in Slade Road. Sessions restart on January 11. To find out more call Abby Rakes on 01761 470006 or visit www.golden-oldies.org.uk
You may also want to watch:
Pictured: Kelvin Hughes and Julie Lucas.
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 10 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”