Energy show is a hit
AN ENERGY show in Portishead attracted scores of environmentally conscious visitors.
The event was organised by Low Carbon Gordano, an energy saving and generation co-operative society which is run by volunteers.
The show provided a platform for environmentally friendly companies to demonstrate their products and services and gave visitors the chance to find out more about how they can save energy.
The event was the culmination of three months work funded through the Department of Energy and Climate Change Local Energy Assessment Fund (LEAF) programme.
MP Dr Liam Fox attended the show to demonstrate his support for groups like Low Carbon Gordano, which received �106,000 from the LEAF programme to carry out a number of projects including a detailed household energy survey across the Gordano area including Portishead, Pill, and surrounding villages.
You may also want to watch:
Low Carbon Gordano has also launched an energy advice service to help people cut energy costs.
A spokesman said: “Through the LEAF project we are finding out what we need to do individually and as a community to cut our energy costs. The quickest way to reduce energy costs is to use less but we also believe that we can generate a lot of our own energy from community-owned renewables such as wind, solar and harvesting wood fuel from local woods.”
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 3 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Woodspring Women in hunt for new players over the age of 16 to join their side
- 10 North Somerset Stars lose out to Cheltenham rivals
Details about Low Carbon Gordano can be found at www.lowcarbongordano.co.uk