Youngsters’ peace posters
PROFESSIONAL artists teamed up with the Lions Club of Portishead for an art week at Portishead Youth Centre.
Youngsters were invited to attend the free sessions to design a poster as part of an international competition.
Each year Lions clubs around the world sponsor the International Peace Poster contest, inviting young people worldwide to express their visions of peace.
More than four million children from more than 100 countries have participated over the past 25 years, from which 24 international finalists are selected each year.
This year Portishead Lions hope to produce a calendar featuring the town’s entries, which will be sold to raise money for the youth centre.
You may also want to watch:
Art week at the youth centre was a joint project between Gordano School Youth Watch, Portishead Police SSN Team, Portishead Youth Centre and The Lions Club of Portishead.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 10 Group raises more than £1k for local causes