Youngsters’ peace posters
PROFESSIONAL artists teamed up with the Lions Club of Portishead for an art week at Portishead Youth Centre.
Youngsters were invited to attend the free sessions to design a poster as part of an international competition.
Each year Lions clubs around the world sponsor the International Peace Poster contest, inviting young people worldwide to express their visions of peace.
More than four million children from more than 100 countries have participated over the past 25 years, from which 24 international finalists are selected each year.
This year Portishead Lions hope to produce a calendar featuring the town’s entries, which will be sold to raise money for the youth centre.
You may also want to watch:
Art week at the youth centre was a joint project between Gordano School Youth Watch, Portishead Police SSN Team, Portishead Youth Centre and The Lions Club of Portishead.
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Portishead Town set up Community Christmas Cheer to help local town
- 4 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 8 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 9 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 10 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views