Youngsters’ peace posters
PROFESSIONAL artists teamed up with the Lions Club of Portishead for an art week at Portishead Youth Centre.
Youngsters were invited to attend the free sessions to design a poster as part of an international competition.
Each year Lions clubs around the world sponsor the International Peace Poster contest, inviting young people worldwide to express their visions of peace.
More than four million children from more than 100 countries have participated over the past 25 years, from which 24 international finalists are selected each year.
This year Portishead Lions hope to produce a calendar featuring the town’s entries, which will be sold to raise money for the youth centre.
You may also want to watch:
Art week at the youth centre was a joint project between Gordano School Youth Watch, Portishead Police SSN Team, Portishead Youth Centre and The Lions Club of Portishead.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United