Musical youngsters ready to rock
A NEW rock school for youngsters opens in Clevedon on Tuesday.
The Rock Project, which already operates successfully in Portishead and Nailsea, offers professional tuition on guitar, drums and bass to seven to 18 year olds in two-hour weekly sessions.
It also hosts plug and play jamming sessions, singing and quizzes to help teach music theory in a fun way.
The youngsters who sign up will be encouraged to form their own bands and at the end of the year a showcase will provide them with the opportunity to show off what they have learnt to friends and family.
The new music school will run at Yeo Moor Primary School, in Kennaway Road, every Tuesday. Junior sessions take place from 4.30-6.30pm with senior classes running from 6.30-8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
During the past year young people attending the Portishead and Nailsea sessions learnt tracks from bands such as Kings of Leon, The Beatles, Guns ‘n’ Roses and Kasabian, which culminated in a successful rock concert at Nailsea School in July.
Andy Collins, who runs The Rock Project in North Somerset, said: “Our students like to learn music they enjoy, so we ask them to suggest the songs they would like us to teach them.”
- 1 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 2 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 5 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 6 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 7 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 8 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 9 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 10 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
Andy says the new Clevedon school has already received a great deal of interest but it’s not too late for students to sign up. To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org call Andy on 01275 265226 or visit www.therockproject.com