Town proves to be magnet for new businesses...
- Credit: Archant
PORTISHEAD is proving to be a magnet for new businesses, according to organisers of a successful conference held in the town.
Portishead Chamber of Commerce teamed up with local event management company In Any Event UK, to host Outlook Portishead, an initiative that showcased the town, its businesses and opportunities for companies thinking of moving to the area.
More than 100 organisations attended the event which included exhibition stands, guest speakers and networking opportunities over lunch.
Chamber president Vickie Hancock said: “We’re keen to show the business community in and outside of Portishead, the town is a great place in which to work.
“Outlook Portishead provided an opportunity for everyone to get a good look at how the town is continuing to develop into one of the most prosperous and exciting places to live and work in the region.
You may also want to watch:
“With its close links to the motorway, the potential of a rail link in the near future and plenty of commercial sites near the marina, Portishead is attracting a lot of new businesses.”
The event, which was first launched in 2013, is now an annual conference on the Portishead business calendar, but organisers fear its popularity means they could outgrow the biggest venue in the town.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 9 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
Vickie added: “Portishead really does need an exhibition or conference centre, as despite all its fantastic facilities, the town lacks a generously sized venue for big events.”