Stylists triumph at championships
- Credit: supplied
LOCAL hairstylists triumphed at the recent International Hairdressing Championships held in Blackpool.
With salons in Portishead and Clevedon, Robert John always sends a strong team to the international contest, to compete in both ladies and gents hairdressing at junior and senior levels.
This year, however, was one of the company’s most successful ever, returning home with seven gold medals, three silvers and two bronze, with not one stylist finishing outside the top five in any category.
Lucy Kew, trainer and manager of the Portishead salon said: “The months of hard work put in by everyone paid off. I am extremely proud of the entire team.
“We had a fantastic couple of days which resulted in us bringing home 12 prestigious awards. This was one of our best years ever.”
You may also want to watch:
Robert John owner Bob Hancock, who has in the past won the Blackpool Championships for both ladies and men’s hair, said: “It was a great feeling to be at the Blackpool Winter Gardens witnessing the team’s achievements, especially as some of these girls have been with us less than a year. They certainly put Robert John on the map for 2014.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week