Stylists triumph at championships
- Credit: supplied
LOCAL hairstylists triumphed at the recent International Hairdressing Championships held in Blackpool.
With salons in Portishead and Clevedon, Robert John always sends a strong team to the international contest, to compete in both ladies and gents hairdressing at junior and senior levels.
This year, however, was one of the company’s most successful ever, returning home with seven gold medals, three silvers and two bronze, with not one stylist finishing outside the top five in any category.
Lucy Kew, trainer and manager of the Portishead salon said: “The months of hard work put in by everyone paid off. I am extremely proud of the entire team.
“We had a fantastic couple of days which resulted in us bringing home 12 prestigious awards. This was one of our best years ever.”
You may also want to watch:
Robert John owner Bob Hancock, who has in the past won the Blackpool Championships for both ladies and men’s hair, said: “It was a great feeling to be at the Blackpool Winter Gardens witnessing the team’s achievements, especially as some of these girls have been with us less than a year. They certainly put Robert John on the map for 2014.”
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser