Play bus plans take off
A RETIRED double decker bus has been given a new lease of life in Portishead.
The HappyPlayBus is a new business venture launched this week by Iain and Claire Murphy who live in the Village Quarter.
The couple who relocated to Portishead from Scotland in 2006, have two children Fraser aged five and three-year-old Vhari.
After organising her own children’s parties and attending numerous friends’ parties, 35-year-old Claire decided a fun bus would be an ideal party option for parents in the area.
She said: “After researching the idea and sourcing the ideal bus, I decided to take the leap and with Iain’s help, l have now launched in to the children’s party business.”
You may also want to watch:
The HappyPlayBus is a soft play centre on wheels for children aged three to eight. There are two floors of soft play complete with slide, ball pits, tunnels, see-through floor panels and a designated eating area.
The bus is fully licensed, insured, safety checked and has achieved full accredited membership status with the National Play Bus Association. Iain and Claire both have full CRB checks.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 7 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 8 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
Claire added: “We want to bring the party to children come rain or shine. Can you imagine their faces when the play bus arrives and opens its doors?”
Claire and Iain also offer party bags, birthday cake and party food aboard the bus and their motto is ‘no stress and no mess’.
The HappyPlayBus is available for birthday parties, private hire occasions, charity events, fairs and fetes. The colourful vehicle will be joining Portishead’s carnival procession and will also be open on the carnival field on June 16.
Anyone interested in hiring the HappyPlayBus can contact Claire on 07702 090406 or visit their website www.happyplaybus.co.uk