New supermarket is opened
SCORES of customers looking for a bargain turned out for the opening of the long-awaited Lidl store in Portishead.
Arthur Terry, chairman of Portishead Town Council, declared the Harbour Road store officially open at 8am on Thursday, providing the town with more choice in supermarket shopping.
The new shop is part of a UK wide expansion programme for Lidl which was founded in Germany in the 1930s.
A Lidl spokesman said: “Our customers trust us to offer them high quality products at the lowest prices, and the new Portishead store not only offers a value-for-money shopping experience to local residents but it has also created 14 new jobs, which is positive news in the current economic climate.”
The store has a 1063 sq metre showroom and car parking for around 125 cars. Lidl has 40 dedicated car parking spaces and shares the remainder with the adjoining Travel Lodge.
You may also want to watch:
Lidl Portishead is open every day - from 8am-9pm Monday to Saturday and on Sundays 10am-4pm.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging