Morrisons opens its local marina store
- Credit: Archant
A NEW convenience store will open at Portishead’s marina tomorrow (Thurs), creating 20 new jobs in the town.
Supermarket chain Morrisons launches its M local on the ground floor of the apartment complex Sixty8 The Marina at 9am. The opening will be attended by heroes from the community including members of the Portishead lifeboat team and a sea cadet group.
The M local will be open daily from 7am-1am Monday to Saturday and 8am-10pm on Sundays.
It will sell a vast range of groceries with emphasis on fresh food, which will include fruit, vegetables, meat and fish. There will be an in-store bakery, hot and cold food-to-go and freshly ground coffee will be available.
Store manager, Matt Cole said: “We’re really excited for the opening and have already been out in the town to introduce ourselves to our new neighbours. Our store is really focused on fresh food which we’re sure our customers will love so we hope they’ll come and give us a try next week.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re really keen to make the store part of the local community and would encourage our customers and other local businesses to make use of the community noticeboard inside the store to help promote local events.”
As preparations were made for the opening, neighbours were consulted about the shop’s appearance and were invited to vote on the window vinyl display. As a result, the shop window facing an apartment block sports a giant photograph of the marina at night, by Weston photographer Tony Howell.
- 1 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 2 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 3 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 10 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus