Morrisons opens its local marina store
- Credit: Archant
A NEW convenience store will open at Portishead’s marina tomorrow (Thurs), creating 20 new jobs in the town.
Supermarket chain Morrisons launches its M local on the ground floor of the apartment complex Sixty8 The Marina at 9am. The opening will be attended by heroes from the community including members of the Portishead lifeboat team and a sea cadet group.
The M local will be open daily from 7am-1am Monday to Saturday and 8am-10pm on Sundays.
It will sell a vast range of groceries with emphasis on fresh food, which will include fruit, vegetables, meat and fish. There will be an in-store bakery, hot and cold food-to-go and freshly ground coffee will be available.
Store manager, Matt Cole said: “We’re really excited for the opening and have already been out in the town to introduce ourselves to our new neighbours. Our store is really focused on fresh food which we’re sure our customers will love so we hope they’ll come and give us a try next week.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re really keen to make the store part of the local community and would encourage our customers and other local businesses to make use of the community noticeboard inside the store to help promote local events.”
As preparations were made for the opening, neighbours were consulted about the shop’s appearance and were invited to vote on the window vinyl display. As a result, the shop window facing an apartment block sports a giant photograph of the marina at night, by Weston photographer Tony Howell.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens