Mature mums helping busy families
- Credit: Archant
OLDER mums and grandmothers are proving a hit with families in North Somerset.
Since Portishead businesswomen Jessica Cornes and Julie Evans launched their introduction agency for families, called Like My Mum, in September, they have successfully placed more than 12 mature women with families in the area.
Jessica said: “These days, busy families are keen to take on the help of a mature person to keep things running smoothly in the home, especially at times like school holidays.
“Like My Mum provides a great employment opportunity for mums returning to work after raising their children and for grandparents too.
“Most of the mums on our books are over 40 so they have plenty of experience of family life.”
You may also want to watch:
The successful placements achieved by Like My Mum include helping families with additional needs and Julie says maturity in these cases has been extremely useful.
She added: “Older people are a resource we should all be taking advantage of and in a society where the cost of childcare is rising, flexible help in the home for hours to suit a family’s specific needs can be the most cost effective solution.”
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 6 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 7 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 10 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
Jessica and Julie (pictured) now want to expand their business to help more families in the area.