Launch party for new salon
A LAUNCH party on December 8 will see the opening of a new beauty salon in Portishead.
The finishing touches are being applied to Jay Gees Nails and Beauty, which will open in the former Palomares Hair Designs building at 8 The Triangle, West Hill.
New owner Joanne Griffiths, who has been working as a beauty therapist from home for the past four years, says having her own premises is a dream come true.
She said: “I have dedicated my time to building a reputable business over the past four years pampering the patrons of Portishead and the surrounding areas.
“I can’t think of a better occupation and I can hardly believe that my dream of getting my own purpose-built salon is about to come true.”
You may also want to watch:
Michael Palomares, who had traded as a hairdresser at the Triangle salon for more than 20 years is now spending more time working as a professional musician.
He said: “I play guitar in a band which has been very busy this year and have also recently joined the Ukulele Fun Orchestra, so when Jo made me an offer on the salon it seemed too good an opportunity to miss. I can now dedicate more time to my music.”
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 8 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 9 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
Mike’s daughters and an old friend who worked with him at Palomares Hair designs are now working as freelance stylists.
The Jay Gees launch party is open to all between 2-8pm. Meanwhile Joanne can be contacted on 07931 479564 or visit www.jaygeesbeauty.co.uk