Launch party for new salon
A LAUNCH party on December 8 will see the opening of a new beauty salon in Portishead.
The finishing touches are being applied to Jay Gees Nails and Beauty, which will open in the former Palomares Hair Designs building at 8 The Triangle, West Hill.
New owner Joanne Griffiths, who has been working as a beauty therapist from home for the past four years, says having her own premises is a dream come true.
She said: “I have dedicated my time to building a reputable business over the past four years pampering the patrons of Portishead and the surrounding areas.
“I can’t think of a better occupation and I can hardly believe that my dream of getting my own purpose-built salon is about to come true.”
You may also want to watch:
Michael Palomares, who had traded as a hairdresser at the Triangle salon for more than 20 years is now spending more time working as a professional musician.
He said: “I play guitar in a band which has been very busy this year and have also recently joined the Ukulele Fun Orchestra, so when Jo made me an offer on the salon it seemed too good an opportunity to miss. I can now dedicate more time to my music.”
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 4 Charity gains national recognition at awards
- 5 Care home enjoys visit from donkey
- 6 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 7 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 8 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
Mike’s daughters and an old friend who worked with him at Palomares Hair designs are now working as freelance stylists.
The Jay Gees launch party is open to all between 2-8pm. Meanwhile Joanne can be contacted on 07931 479564 or visit www.jaygeesbeauty.co.uk