Hotel planning to expand
- Credit: Archant
A PORTISHEAD hotel has unveiled expansion plans which will bring more jobs and much-needed tourist accommodation to the town.
A planning application has been submitted for a two-storey extension, projecting from the existing 59-room building, at the Premier Inn at Gordano Gate in Wyndham Way.
The new building will provide 36 additional guest bedrooms and a new car park will be provided for 37 customer vehicles. Additional space will be provided for cycles and staff parking and appropriate landscaping will be carried out.
Premier Inn expects the expansion will create the equivalent of 15 full-time jobs.
The application has been welcomed by members of Portishead Chamber of Commerce.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesman Tony Walmsley said: “As a growing town, Portishead is in need of additional accommodation for both tourism and business use, which benefits the local economy.
“The chamber is keen to promote Portishead as a great place in which to work and set up businesses, and it therefore welcomes developments like this.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 5 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 8 Portishead garden protected from development
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
The Gordano Gate Premier Inn and restaurant opened in 1999 and was extended to its current size in 2004.