Hotel planning to expand
- Credit: Archant
A PORTISHEAD hotel has unveiled expansion plans which will bring more jobs and much-needed tourist accommodation to the town.
A planning application has been submitted for a two-storey extension, projecting from the existing 59-room building, at the Premier Inn at Gordano Gate in Wyndham Way.
The new building will provide 36 additional guest bedrooms and a new car park will be provided for 37 customer vehicles. Additional space will be provided for cycles and staff parking and appropriate landscaping will be carried out.
Premier Inn expects the expansion will create the equivalent of 15 full-time jobs.
The application has been welcomed by members of Portishead Chamber of Commerce.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesman Tony Walmsley said: “As a growing town, Portishead is in need of additional accommodation for both tourism and business use, which benefits the local economy.
“The chamber is keen to promote Portishead as a great place in which to work and set up businesses, and it therefore welcomes developments like this.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 7 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
The Gordano Gate Premier Inn and restaurant opened in 1999 and was extended to its current size in 2004.