Hotel planning to expand
- Credit: Archant
A PORTISHEAD hotel has unveiled expansion plans which will bring more jobs and much-needed tourist accommodation to the town.
A planning application has been submitted for a two-storey extension, projecting from the existing 59-room building, at the Premier Inn at Gordano Gate in Wyndham Way.
The new building will provide 36 additional guest bedrooms and a new car park will be provided for 37 customer vehicles. Additional space will be provided for cycles and staff parking and appropriate landscaping will be carried out.
Premier Inn expects the expansion will create the equivalent of 15 full-time jobs.
The application has been welcomed by members of Portishead Chamber of Commerce.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesman Tony Walmsley said: “As a growing town, Portishead is in need of additional accommodation for both tourism and business use, which benefits the local economy.
“The chamber is keen to promote Portishead as a great place in which to work and set up businesses, and it therefore welcomes developments like this.”
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 9 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
The Gordano Gate Premier Inn and restaurant opened in 1999 and was extended to its current size in 2004.