Fifth Mezze opens at the Anchor Inn
- Credit: Archant
A HOST of stars offered their support to the revived Anchor Inn in Pill following a substantial cash injection.
Mezze Restaurants took over the reins of the Ham Green establishment, investing £350,000 to secure its future as a community pub and restaurant at the hub of the local community.
At a VIP launch guests, including comedian Eddie Large, Heart radio presenter Paulina Gillespie and BBC West weathergirl Jemma Cooper, gave the venue the seal of approval.
Owner Alex Tryfonos said: “We are absolutely thrilled with the transformation of The Anchor and would like to thank everyone who turned out to offer their support during our first few days.
“Receiving the backing of the community is really important to us and having Eddie, Paulina and Gemma offer their support also, was a real honour.”
You may also want to watch:
Mezze at The Anchor now boasts a cocktail bar, Mezze restaurant, an A La Carte restaurant and outdoor Mediterranean garden.
The family-firm has signed a 20-year lease for The Anchor and says it is delighted to be able to stabilise its future.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 6 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
Mezze is growing at a phenomenal rate with the Anchor Inn being its fifth restaurant to open in five years in the South West region. This is closely followed by The White Lion which opens in Portishead in July.