Fifth Mezze opens at the Anchor Inn
- Credit: Archant
A HOST of stars offered their support to the revived Anchor Inn in Pill following a substantial cash injection.
Mezze Restaurants took over the reins of the Ham Green establishment, investing £350,000 to secure its future as a community pub and restaurant at the hub of the local community.
At a VIP launch guests, including comedian Eddie Large, Heart radio presenter Paulina Gillespie and BBC West weathergirl Jemma Cooper, gave the venue the seal of approval.
Owner Alex Tryfonos said: “We are absolutely thrilled with the transformation of The Anchor and would like to thank everyone who turned out to offer their support during our first few days.
“Receiving the backing of the community is really important to us and having Eddie, Paulina and Gemma offer their support also, was a real honour.”
You may also want to watch:
Mezze at The Anchor now boasts a cocktail bar, Mezze restaurant, an A La Carte restaurant and outdoor Mediterranean garden.
The family-firm has signed a 20-year lease for The Anchor and says it is delighted to be able to stabilise its future.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 6 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 7 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
Mezze is growing at a phenomenal rate with the Anchor Inn being its fifth restaurant to open in five years in the South West region. This is closely followed by The White Lion which opens in Portishead in July.