Exhibition will give an outlook on the town
- Credit: Archant
ENTREPRENEURS, retailers and other business owners are expected to converge in Portishead for a business exhibition next month.
Outlook Portishead is an event that brings businesses together and promotes what the town has to offer to the business community.
The exhibition, organised by the town’s chamber of commerce in conjunction with event management company In Any Event UK, returns after a successful launch in 2013, attended by more than 70 businesses and local organisations.
This year’s event is sponsored by Quality Solicitors Burroughs Day, with guest speakers including Nigel Ashton, leader of North Somerset Council, and police and crime commissioner Sue Mountstevens.
Anne Minihane, partner at Quality Solicitors, said: “As a local Portishead firm we found the 2013 conference a great day for meeting other businesses, networking and gaining further insight as to the direction of our local town. The event highlighted the staggering amount of successful entrepreneurs and businesses we have in our local community.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition not only acts as a networking opportunity for existing local businesses but is also a showcase aiming to attract new businesses to the area.
Outlook Portishead takes place on May 8 at Somerset Hall in the High Street from 9am.
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 4 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 8 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 Ashton & Backwell's season could "crumble" warns Jones
Tickets are £30 for chamber members and £35 for non-members. This includes refreshments, lunch and an information pack. Exhibition stands are also available.
For more information call Vickie on 01275 390620.