Emma launches Daisy Baby
A PORTISHEAD mum who runs birth preparation classes is launching a follow on class for new parents and their babies.
Mum-of-two, Emma Walters, trained as an antenatal educator after missing out on preparation classes before the birth of her own children, who were both premature.
She said: “I went in to labour feeling scared and unprepared for the birth of my first child because I had not been able to attend antenatal classes. It made me want to help other mums look forward to childbirth and approach it with confidence.”
Emma trained to become a Daisy Birthing teacher and has successfully run classes in Portishead since May this year. Now, the 28-year-old has launched Daisy Baby classes as a follow on from Daisy Birthing.
She added: “At Daisy Baby we understand that in those first few weeks, baby needs to be in your arms a lot. We bring together positive touch, baby yoga inspired movement, movement for mum and relaxation into one complete class with lots of opportunity to have babe in arms.”
Daisy Baby classes start on November 17 at Parish Wharf Leisure Centre at 10am.
To sign up or to find out more call Emma on 01275 399014 or 07951 243454.
- 1 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 2 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 3 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns