Does your pet dog need day care?
- Credit: Archant
A PLAYSCHOOL for dogs has opened in Portishead.
Having grown up around dogs and worked with their parents who run boarding kennels, brothers Dean and Andy Wilkinson always knew their long-term careers lay in animal care.
Earlier this year they were joined by friend Darren Tarpey to form their own company, A Dogs Day Out, which has recently opened its first centre in Portishead’s Old Mill Road.
The organisation provides friendly pet care on an adhoc basis in a pen-free environment, Monday to Friday between 7am-7pm. There is a dogs’ TV lounge, a rest area and play areas, complete with toys which include slides and tunnels.
Andy said: “This kind of business is big in the US and is just taking off in the UK. People can use our facilities on a one-off occasion for half a day or five days a week. There is always a member of staff with the dogs and a screen in the reception area live streams the dogs’ activities so that owners and visitors can view the facilities without disturbing the animals.”
You may also want to watch:
An assessment is required when a dog is registered but after that the service is available to dog owners whenever they need it.
A grooming parlour is currently being added to the centre, which will open in November and in the New Year a training school will open upstairs.
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year