Coffee and friendship...
- Credit: supplied
SENIOR citizens in Portishead raised their cups to Costa to say thank you for supporting them.
Contact for the Elderly organises Sunday afternoon tea parties for people over 75 who have little or no social support.
Costa in Portishead High Street has been hosting monthly teas for the past year, providing the group with complimentary coffee and cake.
In addition to the monthly meetings at Costa, volunteers Rachel and Warren Nash who run the group, organise tea parties in people’s homes. They are currently looking for more hosts willing to invite a group of senior citizens for tea for an hour on one or two Sundays during the year.
There are also a few spaces for senior citizens wishing to join the Contact for the Elderly group.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more contact Rachel on 07733 087505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 9 Camera club wants new members to join
- 10 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village