Coffee and friendship...
- Credit: supplied
SENIOR citizens in Portishead raised their cups to Costa to say thank you for supporting them.
Contact for the Elderly organises Sunday afternoon tea parties for people over 75 who have little or no social support.
Costa in Portishead High Street has been hosting monthly teas for the past year, providing the group with complimentary coffee and cake.
In addition to the monthly meetings at Costa, volunteers Rachel and Warren Nash who run the group, organise tea parties in people’s homes. They are currently looking for more hosts willing to invite a group of senior citizens for tea for an hour on one or two Sundays during the year.
There are also a few spaces for senior citizens wishing to join the Contact for the Elderly group.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more contact Rachel on 07733 087505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 5 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 6 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 9 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 10 Portishead building firm wins national award