Co-op offers free boat building ingredients
- Credit: Archant
PORTISHEAD’S Co-operative Food store is getting behind this year’s edible boat regatta by offering free boat-building ingredients to participants.
The edible boat race is part of the town’s annual raft race which takes place at the Lake Grounds on July 7.
Whether participants are planning a watermelon yacht, a gingerbread sail or even a chocolate anchor, the Co-operative will kit them out with all the ingredients needed to set their vessels afloat.
Store manager Mike Mullet said: “The raft race is a brilliant event on the local calendar and the edible regatta is a great way of allowing children and those who don’t want to brave the water themselves to become involved in the event.
“As a community retailer we are always keen to get involved in local events and we would love to help some budding boat builders bring their creations to life, and hopefully some Co-operative produce will help bring one of them to success this year.”
You may also want to watch:
The Co-operative is offering up to four ingredients each to the first 10 people who go into the store showing their sketch of their edible boat design.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens