Co-op offers free boat building ingredients
- Credit: Archant
PORTISHEAD’S Co-operative Food store is getting behind this year’s edible boat regatta by offering free boat-building ingredients to participants.
The edible boat race is part of the town’s annual raft race which takes place at the Lake Grounds on July 7.
Whether participants are planning a watermelon yacht, a gingerbread sail or even a chocolate anchor, the Co-operative will kit them out with all the ingredients needed to set their vessels afloat.
Store manager Mike Mullet said: “The raft race is a brilliant event on the local calendar and the edible regatta is a great way of allowing children and those who don’t want to brave the water themselves to become involved in the event.
“As a community retailer we are always keen to get involved in local events and we would love to help some budding boat builders bring their creations to life, and hopefully some Co-operative produce will help bring one of them to success this year.”
You may also want to watch:
The Co-operative is offering up to four ingredients each to the first 10 people who go into the store showing their sketch of their edible boat design.
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 3 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 4 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 5 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead