Co-op offers free boat building ingredients
- Credit: Archant
PORTISHEAD’S Co-operative Food store is getting behind this year’s edible boat regatta by offering free boat-building ingredients to participants.
The edible boat race is part of the town’s annual raft race which takes place at the Lake Grounds on July 7.
Whether participants are planning a watermelon yacht, a gingerbread sail or even a chocolate anchor, the Co-operative will kit them out with all the ingredients needed to set their vessels afloat.
Store manager Mike Mullet said: “The raft race is a brilliant event on the local calendar and the edible regatta is a great way of allowing children and those who don’t want to brave the water themselves to become involved in the event.
“As a community retailer we are always keen to get involved in local events and we would love to help some budding boat builders bring their creations to life, and hopefully some Co-operative produce will help bring one of them to success this year.”
You may also want to watch:
The Co-operative is offering up to four ingredients each to the first 10 people who go into the store showing their sketch of their edible boat design.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 4 First year success for racing superstar Trevorrow
- 5 Clevedon carer raises more than £1,600 with charity head shave
- 6 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 10 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset