North Somerset firework displays
PUBLISHED: 11:39 01 November 2010
THE skies above North Somerset will be lit up with colour when annual bonfire night celebrations are held across the district this weekend.
Whether in Nailsea, Clevedon, Portishead or the surrounding villages there is sure to be a display to cater for everyone.
- NAILSEA: Nailsea and Backwell Rugby Club in West End Park will hold a fireworks display and bonfire on Saturday. There will be a beer tent and hot food on offer. Gates will open at 6pm, the bonfire will be lit at 7.30pm and the fire works will begin at 8pm. Family tickets, priced £12, adult tickets, priced £5, and children under 16 tickets, priced £3, are available from the rugby club, R&B Taylor News Agents in Rodney Road, Backwell, John Browns in Nailsea High Street or The Corner Stores in Kingshill, Nailsea.
- CLEVEDON: Fireworks Fantasia will be put on by Clevedon and District Round Table at Dial Hill Cricket Ground in Dial Hill Road on Saturday. Gates will open at 6pm and the display will start at 7pm. There will also be other attractions including a fun fair. Advance individual tickets, priced £3, and family tickets, priced £8, are available from Lindleys Solicitors in Alexandra Road, Seeleys in Hill Road, The Salthous in Salthouse Road and the customer services desk at Tesco in Kenn Road. On the gate, individual tickets cost £4 and family tickets cost £10. For more details visit www.clevedonrt.org.uk
- CLEVEDON: St John’s School in Fosseway will hold a firework display from 6-8pm on Friday. Tickets in advance, priced £3.50 for an individual or £7.50 for a family, are available from the school. On the gate tickets cost £4 for an individual and £8 for a family.
- PORTISHEAD: High Down Junior School in Down Road will hold its popular display in its grounds. Gates open at 6.30pm with the fireworks starting at 7.30pm. Tickets, priced £3.50 in advance, are available from the school, West Hill Auto Spares in The Triangle, Morgan Westley and The Pet & Garden Centre both in High Street. On the gate tickets cost £5. Children under five go free.
- PILL: A display will be put on at The Rudgleigh in Martcombe Road from 6pm on Sunday. Entry is £6 for a family or £3 per person. Proceeds will go the Crockerne Primary School swimming pool fund.
- YATTON: Yatton Rugby Football Club in The Park will put on a display on Friday. Gates open at 5.30pm with the display beginning at 6.30pm. There will be food, a bar, toys and sweets available. Individual tickets, priced £4, and family tickets, priced £12, are available from Clive’s Newsagents in or Yatton Post Office in . On the gate, tickets will cost £5 for an individual or £15 for a family. All proceeds will go to Yatton Infant School Association.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.