Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 12:00 13 December 2019
With only 12 sleeps left until Christmas, there are plenty of festive-themed activities taking place across the area.
- Tasty treats will be served to festive foodies in Portishead.
The eat:Portishead Christmas festival will be held at the marina, in Newfoundland Way, from 10am-4pm on Saturday.
Stall holders, producers, and cooking schools will be showcasing their produce on the day.
- Youngsters will get into the festive spirit in Wrington.
Barley Wood Nursery, in Long Lane, will host a Christmas fair on Saturday from 11am-2pm, where hot turkey rolls will be sold and there will be a chance to take part in a woodland trail and teddy tombola.
- Christmas-themed events will be held at a Wraxall zoo until December 21.
Noah's Ark Zoo Farm, in Clevedon Road, will host winter wildlife trails, reindeer feeding and more.
For more details, click here.
- A Christmas-time Imaginarium will take place at Congresbury's Middlecombe Nursery, in Wrington Road, on Sunday until December 23 from 10am-4pm.
Evening illuminations will be on from 4-7pm.
A donation to a charity is encouraged.
- Portishead will turn the clocks back on Sunday for a Victorian fair, which is the main fundraising event of the year for the town's Christmas lights.
The town's Victorian Evening and craft fair will be held from 3-7.30pm along the High Street.
More than 60 stalls, promoting charitable causes and selling Christmas produce, crafts and gifts, will sit alongside live music and street entertainers, while The Poacher will play host to Santa in his grotto and a fun fair in its car park.