Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 11:55 29 November 2019
Christmas-themed activities will take place as the area prepares for the most wonderful time of the year.
- Santa visits, mince pie eating competitions and a fancy dress parade will mark the start of the Christmas countdown in Nailsea.
The Christmas fair and light switch-on is taking place in Crown Glass Shopping Centre on Friday from 2-8pm.
Games and entertainment starts at 2pm. There will also be a character fancy dress parade, a Santa's grotto, a mince pie eating competition, followed by the lights switch-on at 7pm.
- An Alfred Hitchcock thriller will be recreated on the stage.
The 39 Steps will be performed at Backwell Playhouse, in Mariners Drive, from tonight (Friday) to tomorrow (Saturday) at 7.30pm, with a 2.30pm matinee on Saturday.
Tickets, priced £12, are available at 01179 633586 or by clicking here.
- Festive lights will be switch on in a village.
A Christmas lights switch-on will be held at Long Ashton's community centre, in Keedwell Hill, on Saturday at 5pm.
- A Christmas-time Imaginarium will take place at Congresbury's Middlecombe Nursery, in Wrington Road, on Sunday until December 23 from 10am-4pm.
Evening illuminations will be on from 4-7pm on Sunday, December 5, December 8, December 11, December 15 and December 20.
A donation to a charity is encouraged.
- A Barrow Gurney animal sanctuary will host a festive fair this weekend.
The Holly Hedge Christmas fair will be held at the community centre, in Keedwell Hill, on Sunday from 11am-4pm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.