Art festival first
PUBLISHED: 10:32 21 October 2010 | UPDATED: 10:40 21 October 2010
ARTISTS, musicians and poets will be showing off their talents during an arts festival in Clevedon.
The first East Clevedon Community Arts Festival will be held from November 1-8 at varying venues in the town and nearby villages and it is hoped the event will be successful enough to become an annual occurrence.
Organised by Father Ian Corbett, the festival is aimed at giving local participants a platform to promote and perform their work. There will also be some professionals involved in the festival who have been funded thanks to a grant from the Big Lottery Fund.
Evening performances will all begin at 7.30pm and they are:
- November 1: A Celebration of Folk Music at Campbell’s Landing in Marine Parade, Clevedon. Free entry.
- November 2: A Celebration of Local Prose and Poetry at The Manor House, Walton-in-Gordano. Free entry.
- November 3: Clevedon School musicians will perform at Clevedon Court in Tickenham Road. Entry is £4 and £1 for students.
- November 4: A Celebration of Music in the Valley at Barn End, Weston-in-Gordano. Free entry.
- November 5: The Servernside Composers’ Alliance will perform at Clevedon Court. Entry £6-9.
- November 6: Song and Chamber Music, with performers including Carolyn Harris, Julia Elton, Jennie Willy and Chris Manner, will be performed at Clevedon Court. Entry is £15 to include supper. Also on November 6, Ten Sing and Street Dancing by YMCA members will be held at All Saints Church Hall. Free entry.
- November 8: Piano recital by Allan Schiller at Clevedon Court. Entry is £15 to include supper.
Daytime events will be:
- November 2: Pupils from All Saints’ Primary School and Clevedon School will hold an exhibition of art at All Saints Church Hall from 10am-4pm. Free entry.
- November 6: A Celebration of Local Arts and Crafts at St Mary’s Church in Castle Road from 11am-5pm. Free entry.
- November 7: Organ recital and choral evensong celebrating 140th anniversary of St Mary’s Church from 3pm. Free entry.
Places for all events must be booked by calling Father Corbett on 01275 872723 or emailing email@example.com