Win tickets to night of two-tone and ska music
- Credit: Archant
A celebration of two-tone and ska music will taking over the Winter Gardens in Weston-super-Mare this month.
Three acts, including The Neville Staple Band, are performing on the night to celebrate 40 years of the popular musical styles.
Two-tone fuses traditional ska with musical elements of punk rock and new wave.
The Neville Staple Band, along with legendary frontman Neville Staple - known as The Original Rude Boy - will perform ska classics and career hits from The Specials, Fun Boy Three, Special Beat, Rude Rebels and more.
Jerry Dammers - founder of the two-tone record label and main songwriter and keyboard player for The Specials, Jerry Dammers - will also be playing two DJ sets either side of The Neville Staple Band during the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Fans can look forward to hearing some classics songs from the past four decades.
TheBeat Goes Bang - featuring Everett Morton from The Beat, Mickey Billingham of The Beat and Dexys Midnight Runners, and Neil Deathridge from The Beat and International Beat - will open the musical event with hits including Mirror In The Bathroom, Tears Of A Clown, Ranking Full Top and Too Nice to Talk To.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Clevedon United Girls under-nines pass on thanks to their sponsors
- 7 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
The Neville Staple Band, Jerry Dammers and TheBeat Goes Bang are performing on June 22 at 7pm.
Tickets for the gig are £22.50 and can be bought from www.buytickets.at/reaper events or the Winter Gardens on 01934 411100.
The Times has teamed up with Reaper Events and the Winter Gardens to give readers the chance to win one of two pairs of tickets to the show.
By entering the competition, you agree to be contacted by Archant and event organisers about it. Usual rules apply.