WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- Credit: PA Images/Alamy Stock Photo
An iconic concert will be shown on the big screen later this month, and Times readers could be win free tickets to the show.
Oasis Knebworth 1996 will be shown on September 23 and 24 at 7.30pm at the Curzon Cinema.
On August 10 and 11, 1996, 250,000 young music fans converged on Knebworth Park to see Oasis play two record breaking, era defining shows.
The landmark concerts sold out in under a day with more than two per cent of the UK population attempting to buy tickets.
This was a time when the UK was slowly recovering from a decade of recession. A surging confidence in arts and culture ushered in Cool Britannia and Oasis meteoric rise reflected the country's new-found conviction and swagger.
Featuring a setlist packed from beginning to end with stone cold classics, including Champagne Supernova, Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger, the Knebworth concerts were both the pinnacle of the band's success and the landmark gathering for a generation.
Oasis Knebworth 1996 is the story of that weekend and the special relationship between Oasis and their fans that made it possible.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 8 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town
- 9 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day
- 10 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
It is told through the eyes of the fans who were there, with additional interviews with the band and concert organisers.
Directed by Jake Scott from extensive concert and exclusive never-before seen footage, this is a joyful and at times poignant cinematic celebration of one of the most important concert events of the last 25 years.
The Times has teamed up with the Curzon to offer one lucky reader a pair of tickets.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below before the competition deadline of 10am on Monday.
Enter online or send your answer along with your name, phone number, address and email address to Oasis Knebworth competition, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston, BS23 1LW.
Usual competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this draw, you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the cinema.
Curzon staff and volunteers are not eligible to enter.