WIN: Tickets to seaside cinema showing of Mamma Mia at Salthouse Fields
- Credit: Universal Studios
Another night of cinema by the seaside will take place in Clevedon next month, and Times readers could win tickets to the showing.
The Curzon Cinema will show Mamma Mia on Salthouse Fields on July 10 at 8pm, with doors open from 7pm.
Take the timeless hits of one of the greatest pop groups of all time, add some Mediterranean sunshine and a star-studded cast having the time of their lives and you’ve got yourselves a party worthy of Saturday night.
Donna (Meryl Streep), an independent hotelier in the Greek islands, is preparing for her daughter’s wedding with the help of two old friends (Julie Walters and Christine Baranski). Meanwhile Sophie (Amanda Seyfried), the spirited bride, has a plan.
She secretly invites three men (Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and Stellan Skarsgård) from her mother’s past in hope of meeting her real father and having him escort her down the aisle on her big day.
People can pop down early and grab a drink from the bar or some dinner from a variety of local food stalls. As it is an outdoor event, guests are being advised to dress appropriately.
If it rains the show will go on and only in the case of extreme weather, such as dangerously high winds will the screening be cancelled.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 6 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 7 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 8 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
For comfort, spectators are being asked to take their own seats and picnic blankets, but no glass bottles. The cinema will be raising money to restore its balcony and volunteers will be carrying out bucket collections.
The Times has teamed up with the Curzon to offer one lucky reader a pair of tickets.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below before the competition deadline of 10am on Monday.
Meryl Streep plays which character in Mamma Mia?
Alternatively, send your answer along with your name, phone number, address and email address to Mamma Mia competition, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston, BS23 1LW.
Usual competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this draw, you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the cinema.
Curzon staff and volunteers are not eligible to enter.