WIN: Tickets to Chicago Blues Brothers show
- Credit: Archant
A multi-award-winning production will be staged in Weston next month.
The Chicago Blues Brothers: A Night At The Movies will come to the Playhouse, in High Street, April 10.
Back with a new production, The Blues Brothers will take the audience for a night filled with some of the greatest movie anthems.
The show debuted in the London's West End this year and has travelled the world.
This high-octane musical mash-up presents the best material from the original Blues Brothers movies and is also jam-packed full of songs by artists such as Aretha Franklin, Cab Calloway, James Brown, Ray Charles plus other legendary performers.
You may also want to watch:
Featuring songs from A Star Is Born, Footloose, Back To The Future, The Greatest Showman and more, The Chicago Blues Brothers capture the sound, energy and persona which propelled the film to a cult status and still thrills audiences worldwide.
Chris Hindle plays Joliet Jake Blues and is the driving force behind the Chicago Blues Brothers. Not only does he play Jake in the show, he is also responsible for its production.
- 1 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 2 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop
- 3 May 17: Hall & Woodhouse Portishead opens indoors next week
- 4 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 5 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 6 Family days out in North Somerset
- 7 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 8 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 9 North Somerset communities benefit from development levy
- 10 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
Hindle also trained at the De Costa Academy in York, studying the art of Italian Opera.
Award-winning vocalist Gareth Davey performs as Elwood Blues.
He had been an established solo artist for several years, touring throughout the UK but decided to leave his solo career behind and join the Chicago Blues Brothers production.
Tickets, priced £15-25, are available at www.theplayhouse.co.uk or on 01934 645544.
The Times has teamed up with The Playhouse to offer readers the chance to win two pairs of tickets to the show.
To enter the competition, simply answer the question below before the competition deadline of 10am on March 18.
Alternatively, send your answer, along with your name, address and telephone number, to: Chicago Blues Brothers competition, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor's decision is final.
By entering this competition, you agree to be contacted by Archant about it.