WIN: Tickets to see Beethoven’s Fidelio at Curzon Cinema and Arts in Clevedon
- Credit: Archant
The Royal Opera House will broadcast Beethoven’s only opera, Fidelio, live at cinemas across the district this month, and the Times is giving readers a chance to win tickets in Clevedon.
An uplifting story of risk and triumph will take over the Curzon Cinema this month.
The production, conducted by Antonio Pappano, tells the story of political prisoner Florestan (Jonas Kaufmann) and his wife Leonore (Lise Davidsen), who is disguised as Fidelio and daringly sets out to rescue him.
Music includes Beethoven's act one quartet Prisoners' Chorus, as well as Florestan's impassioned solos in act two, Cry In The Darkness and Vision Of Hope.
Throughout the performance, German stage director Tobias Kratzer will bring together the dark reality of the French revolutionary terror and illuminate Fidelio's message of shared humanity.
You may also want to watch:
Royal Opera House has become established as one of world's leading companies in its field, renowned for its performances of traditional opera and commissioning new works by today's leading composers, such as Harrison Birtwistle, Mark-Anthony Turnage and Thomas Adès.
Fidelio will be broadcast live from Royal Opera House in London at the Curzon Cinema and Arts, in Old Church Road, on March 17 at 7.15pm.
Tickets, priced from £12.50-£14.50, are available at www.curzon.org.uk or call 01275 871000.
- 1 Popular community centre café closes
- 2 Clevedon man to cycle 'own Tour De France' for breast cancer charity
- 3 Beauty spot used as toilet
- 4 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 5 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Three North Somerset women commended in Queen’s birthday honours
- 8 Somerset Freemason raise £25k to help young people
- 9 Events taking place across North Somerset
- 10 Long-term lease secures football club’s future
The Times has teamed up with the Curzon to offer a lucky reader the chance to win a pair of tickets to see the show on March 17 at 7.15pm.
To enter the competition, simply answer the following question: Who is conducting the Royal Opera House theatre production Fidelio?
Send your answer, along with your name, phone number, address and email address, to Fidelio competition, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston, BS23 1LW.
Alternatively, enter online at www.northsomersettimes.co.uk
The deadline to enter the competition is on Monday at 10am.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor's decision is final.
By entering the competition, you agree to be contacted by Archant and the theatre about the prize.