Win tickets to see The South in Bristol
- Credit: MP Promotions
Celebrating 10 years as The South, and 30 years since the release of Song For Whoever, the nine-piece from Hull are returning to Bristol’s Fleece later this month, and readers could win tickets to the show.
The South feature former members of Great British pop institution The Beautiful South, including singer Alison Wheeler and saxophone player Gaz Birtles.
The band formed in 2009, two years after The Beautiful South split, when some members did not feel ready to hang up their microphones or instruments just yet.
Since original singer Dave Hemingway announced his retirement from music and left the group at the end of 2016, Gaz has taken on vocal duties and now fronts the nine-piece band alongside Alison.
The band also welcomed former Happy Monday's keyboard player - Andy Price into the fold, and Gaz was replaced with new saxaphone player Su Robinson who previously played with Prince Buster, The Specials' Horace Panters band, and the Uptown Ska Collective.
You may also want to watch:
The band plays songs made famous by their previous incarnation, The Beautiful South, playing tracks from their three-decade-long career, and entertaining audiences across the UK with classic tracks, including number one single, A Little Time, as well as Perfect 10, Rotterdam, Don't Marry Her, A Song For Whoever, Old Red Eyes Is Back, and many more besides.
The South will be at The Fleece, in St Thomas Street, on June 23, at 7pm.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 10 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
Tickets, priced £20, are available on 01179 450996 and at www.thefleece.co.uk
The Times has teamed up with the The MP Promotions to offer one pair of tickets to see the show this month.
To enter the competition, simply answer the question below by 10am, June 20.Usual Archant competition rules apply, and the editor's decision is final.
By entering this competition, you agree to be contacted about it by Archant.