The Subways will stop off at Thekla
- Credit: Archant
AN ABUNDANCE of powerful riffs and catchy hooks is expected when rockers The Subways play at Thekla in Bristol on March 31.
The three-piece band comprises Billy Lunn on vocals and guitar, Charlotte Cooper on bass and vocals and Josh Morgan on drums.
They released their fourth studio album, The Subways, earlier this month, which has been described as ‘a full-on rock record with hooks that are big in sound and energy.’
Lead singer Lunn also took on full engineering, production and mixing responsibility.
The Subways have built a loyal fan base over the past decade, with more than 200,000 likes on Facebook and 14,000 Twitter followers.
You may also want to watch:
Their Bristol show, featuring songs including Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Oh Yeah, is part of a mammoth 40-date tour across 16 countries, with more dates planned as part of the 2015 summer festival season.
The Subways will be at Thekla, in The Grove, Bristol, at 7pm on March 31.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 5 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 6 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 7 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 10 October in the garden: Flamboyant foliage to brighten our days
Tickets, priced £13, are available from www.thesubways.net/gigs