Day festival returning to South West this summer
- Credit: Archant
An array of star-studded musicians will perform at Bristol’s biggest one-day festival later this year.
The Downs Festival will be held on Clifton Down, in Stoke Road, on August 31 from 1-11pm.
Organisers have listed Ms Lauryn Hill and Grace Jones as main stage headliners, with Bristol punk band Idles and Swedish singer Neneh Cherry also performing.
On the Avon Stage, esteemed UK rapper Loyle Carner will perform songs from his latest album, while High Contrast and electronic outfits Crazy P and Nightmares On Wax complete the bill.
Away from the music, the information stage - a space where speakers will tackle a range of issues affecting UK society - will return once again, while a children's area features activities, dancing and workshops for kids to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, priced £17.65-62.05, are available at thedownsbristol.com or on 01179 411611
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 7 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 8 Further delays for rail project
- 9 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis