WIN: Tickets to seaside cinema on Clevedon's Salthouse Fields
- Credit: Photo Credit: Nick Delaney
Seaside cinema will return to Clevedon next month, and Times readers could win tickets to the action.
Bohemian Rhapsody will be screened on July 9 at 8pm on the Salthouse Fields - doors opening at 7pm.
A foot-stomping celebration of Queen, their music, and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury, who defied stereotypes and shattered convention to become one of the most beloved entertainers on the planet.
The film traces the bands meteoric rise through their iconic songs and revolutionary sound, their near-implosion as Mercury’s lifestyle spirals out of control, and their triumphant reunion on the eve of Live Aid, where Mercury, played by Rami Malek, faces a life-threatening illness, leads the band in one of the greatest performances in the history of rock music.
Guests are urged to turn up early and grab a drink from the bar or some food from a variety of delicious local food stalls.
Viewers are also advised to check the weather forecast beforehand and dress appropriately.
If it rains, the show will go on. Only in the case of extreme weather, such as dangerously high winds, will the screening be cancelled.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 5 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 6 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 7 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 8 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 9 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
For comfort, people are being asked to take along their own seats and picnic blankets, and no glass bottles. The Curzon will be raising money to restore its balcony, and volunteers will be carrying out bucket collections.
The Times has teamed up with the Curzon to offer one lucky reader a pair of tickets.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below before the competition deadline of 10am on Monday.
Alternatively, send your answer along with your name, email address and phone number to Seaside Cinema competition, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston, BS23 1LW.
Usual competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this draw, you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the cinema.
Curzon staff and volunteers are not eligible to enter.