WIN: Tickets for Absurd Person Singular at Playhouse Theatre
- Credit: Sheila Burnett
A UK tour will be stopping off in Weston this month, and Times readers could win tickets to the action.
Absurd Person Singular will be performed at the Playhouse from July 16-18.
London Classic Theatre announced a new UK tour of their postponed 20th anniversary production of Absurd Person Singular by Alan Ayckbourn.
Michael Cabot directs returning cast, John Dorney (Geoffrey Jackson), Felicity Houlbrooke (Jane Hopcroft), Helen Keeley (Eva Jackson), Rosanna Miles (Marion Brewster-Wright), Graham O’Mara (Ronald Brewster-Wright) and Paul Sandys (Sidney Hopcroft).
Artistic director Michael Cabot said: “We are thrilled to be getting back on the road again.
"After such a turbulent and challenging year, we are looking forward to reconnecting with audiences and playing our part in the return of live theatre around the UK.
"We have been in regular contact with our cast and stage management throughout the shutdown and I’m delighted that they are all returning for the new tour.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
"They are a fantastic team and it will be wonderful to see them all back at work, doing what they do best. Rehearsals start in four weeks and we can’t wait.”
Three married couples. Three kitchens. Three Christmas parties. Sidney Hopcroft, a small-time tradesman, persuades wife Jane to throw a party hoping to find favour with a bank manager and local architect.
As celebrations begin, class differences and naked ambition combine to hilarious effect as, one by one, the characters seek refuge in Jane’s kitchen.
Over the next two years, the Jacksons and Brewster-Wrights take turns to host festivities. But Sidney’s star has begun to rise and roles are increasingly reversed as the cracks in the other couples’ marriages begin to show.
Absurd Person Singular first premiered in 1972 and was awarded the Evening Standard Award for Best Comedy.
The Times has teamed up with the Playhouse to offer two lucky readers a pair of tickets each to a show of their choice.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below before the competition deadline of 10am on July 14.
Absurd Person Singular will be performed at which Weston theatre?
Alternatively, send your answer along with your name, phone number, address and email address to Absurd Person Singular competition, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston, BS23 1LW.
Usual competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this draw, you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the cinema.