Artist Peter Ford to speak at Clevedon club
- Credit: Archant
An art club in Clevedon is to hold an illustrated talk and paper-making demonstration this month.
Peter Ford will speak at the club's spring programme on March 10 at Clevedon School, in Valley Road, at 7.30pm.
Peter, who was born in Hereford, took art training at Hereford College of Art and Brighton College of Art (now University of Sussex), with additional studies at London University's Department of Education.
After training, he taught Art and English until 1976. Largely self-taught as a maker of prints, he has involved himself in full-time artistic endeavours since 1979.
Peter is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Painter-Printmakers (RE), Member of the Royal West of England Academy (RWA), Member of the International Association of Papermaking Artists (IAPMA) and, since 1987, artistic director at Off-Centre Gallery, Bristol, with a focus on international art on paper.
You may also want to watch:
Admission for non-members is priced £3 at the door. For full details of the programme, visit www.clevedonartclub.co.uk
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 4 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 7 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 8 Clevedon Music Club cancels winter concert
- 9 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity