George Ezra to play Forest Live gig in Westonbirt
- Credit: Archant
One of the country’s most successful breakthrough acts of recent years will perform in the West Country later this year.
George Ezra has been announced this month as the latest star to sign up for the Forest Live series at Westonbirt Arboretum.
His incredible rise to fame over the past couple of years shows no sign of abating, with his highly-anticipated second album being released in March.
His debut album Wanted On Voyage sold four million copies in the UK and was among the top 10 best-selling artist albums in the country in 2014 and 2015.
In 18 months, Ezra went from virtual unknown to an internationally-recognised star – with a top 10 album in three countries, three sell-out UK tours a BBC Music Award and an Ivor Novello Award.
You may also want to watch:
Hit singles such as Budapest, Cassy O’, Blame It On Me and Listen To The Man, plus his distinctive signing voice, have made him a household name.
The latter song also saw Ezra team up with Sir Ian McKellen for the video.
- 1 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 4 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 8 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 9 Injury-hit Yatton show spirit in loss to Winscombe
- 10 WIN: Tickets to concert screened at Curzon Cinema
Ezra will perform on a stage in the woodland at the arboretum, near Tetbury, Gloucestershire, on June 17 as part of the Forest Live programme.
Ezra’s visit to the South West will be close to a home-coming for the singer as he used to study and live in Bristol.
Aside from the 24-year-old, some of the biggest names in music will grace the arboretum’s stage this summer.
It is not too late to gain entry for The Script’s gig on June 14 and tickets are still on sale for Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott the following day.
The money generated from ticket sales for the Forest Live gigs goes back into maintaining the forests in a sustainable way.
Tickets for Ezra’s gig, priced £34.50, are available online at forestry.gov.uk/music or by calling 03000 680400.