Music of Dolly Parton
- Credit: submitted
NATALIE Casey and Bonnie Langford will take to the stage in Bristol next month to star in a show set to the music of the iconic Dolly Parton.
The hugely-popular 9 To 5: The Musical is set to delight audiences at The Bristol Hippodrome from March 18-23.
The show will star Natalie Casey as Judy Bernly, Jackie Clune as Violet Newstead, Bonnie Langford as Roz Keith, Amy Lennox as Doralee Rhodes and Mark Moraghan as Franklin Hart.
The show is a hilarious new musical comedy, based on the hit movie and centres on three office workers who turn the tables on their sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot of a boss.
They conspire to take control of the company and learn there’s nothing they cannot do.
You may also want to watch:
Outrageous, thought-provoking and even a little romantic, 9 TO 5: The Musical is about teaming up and taking care of business.
Feisty, fun and oh so fabulous, this show features Dolly Parton’s original hit title song, 9 to 5, which won her an Oscar nomination and four Grammy Award nominations, along with her new Tony and Grammy nominated score.
- 1 Town centre retirement complex to become apartments
- 2 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 3 Ashton & Backwell United appoint Tony Beecham as new manager
- 4 Beer and cider festival raises £2k for community centre
- 5 Hundreds flock to town's first arts festival
- 6 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 7 Nailsea preschool leader retires after 33 years
- 8 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 9 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 10 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
Audiences will enjoy 18 original Dolly Parton numbers.
Natalie Casey is probably best known as Donna in nine series of Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.
Her theatre credits include Oklahoma at Chichester Festival Theatre and Legally Blonde in the West End.
She is currently appearing as Ange in Abigail’s Party, also in the West End.
Bonnie Langford’s many theatre credits include Roxie Hart in Chicago on Broadway, US tour and in the West End.
Her other West End credits include Charity in Sweet Charity and the original cast of Cats.
She recently played the Lady of the Lake in Spamalot on tour, a role she will be reprising in the West End next month.
In 2006 she reached the final of ITV1’s Dancing on Ice.
The full company also includes Ashley Andrews, Hayley Ainsley, Philip Bertioli, Lisa Bridge, Nyroy Dixon, Persephone Fitzpatrick, Lori Haley Fox, Tom Andrew Hargreaves, Sinead Kenny, James Lacey, Gemma Maclean, Peter McPherson, Marlon Moore, Sasi Strallen, Lauren Stroud, Andrew Waldron and Mark Willshire.
Tickets, priced £15-42, are available from www.9to5themusical.co.uk