Double bill of dance performances coming to Weston
- Credit: Culture Weston
A double bill dance performance comes to Weston next week.
Joshua 'Vendetta' Nash will perform Blacklist and Figleaf at the Winter Gardens Pavilion ballroom, in Royal Parade on November 3 at 8pm.
The acclaimed dance artist, choreographer and boundary breaker and one of the UK’s leading Krump dancers.
Krump is a form of street dance characterised by free, expressive, exaggerated, and highly energetic movement.
Blacklist is an explosive piece asking how do people cope with inner conflict.
Fig Leaf fuses Krump and contemporary dance, exploring what it means to be a man and opening the debate around where true masculinity and strength lies.
Presenting an atmosphere of street culture and hip hop, the music and choreography moves in tempo and feeling as different bonds are formed between the dancers as they swing back and forth between love and support, to anger and aggression.
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 3 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 6 PICTURES: Mum and daughter launch 'buzzing' Christmas market
- 7 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 8 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 9 Clevedon Town to play Brxiham after Tavistock thrown out of FA Vase
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved
Tickets, priced £10, are available online at www.cultureweston.org.uk