Evita in Bath
TIM Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical masterpiece Evita has opened its UK tour at the Theatre Royal Bath.
Featuring some of the most famous and inspiring stage music ever written, including the classic songs Don’t Cry For Me Argentina, On This Night of A Thousand Stars, Oh What A Circus, You Must Love Me, and Another Suitcase in Another Hall, Evita visits Bath direct from Europe as part of a spectacular new national tour.
Bringing to the stage the dynamic, larger-than-life persona of Eva Per�n, wife of former Argentine dictator Juan Per�n, Evita tells her extraordinary story from young and ambitious beginnings to the enormous wealth and power she gained during her ultimate rise to sainthood.
Evita has more than twenty major awards to its credit, including the Oscar-winning film version starring Madonna and Antonio Banderas, and features one of the most coveted roles in musical theatre.
The role of Eva will be played by Abigail Jaye and Mark Powell appears as Che.
You may also want to watch:
Born in 1919, Mar�a Eva Duarte de Per�n was the second wife of President Juan Per�n and served as the First Lady of Argentina from 1946 until her death in 1952.
The musical Evita began as a rock opera concept album released in 1976.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 4 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 5 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 6 Driving group needs more volunteers
- 7 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 8 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 9 Camera club wants new members to join
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
Its success led to productions in London’s West End in 1978, starring Elaine Paige, David Essex and Joss Ackland and on Broadway in 1979 where it ran for an incredible 1,567 performances and won seven Tony Awards including Best Book, Best Score and Best Musical of the year. In 1981, the Evita cast recording was awarded a Grammy Award.
Evita appears at the Theatre Royal Bath until May 14.
Tickets, priced �19-39, are available from the box office on 01225 448844 or www.theatreroyal.org.uk