Dirty Dancing is back
- Credit: submitted
THE story that has captured the hearts of film lovers across the world will return to the stage in Bristol next year.
The producers of the smash hit show Dirty Dancing – The Classic Story on Stage, have announced that a new tour of the UK will launch at The Bristol Hippodrome in March 2014.
Since opening in September 2011, the first ever UK tour has wowed audiences across the country, breaking box office records and playing to standing ovations and five-star reviews.
Written by Eleanor Bergstein, script writer and co-producer of the phenomenally-successful 1987 film, the production features all the much-loved characters and original dialogue from the iconic film with exciting extra scenes added in.
The tantalising dance sequences and brand new choreography come alive on stage, set to all the hits from the unforgettable soundtrack, including Do You Love Me?, Hungry Eyes and the Academy Award-winning (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life.
You may also want to watch:
More than five million people worldwide have now seen this sensational production, with the London show alone having been seen by more than one million audience members.
Having opened in London in 2006, Dirty Dancing – The Classic Story On Stage, was sold out six months in advance.
- 1 Town centre retirement complex to become apartments
- 2 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 3 Ashton & Backwell United appoint Tony Beecham as new manager
- 4 Beer and cider festival raises £2k for community centre
- 5 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 6 Hundreds flock to town's first arts festival
- 7 Nailsea preschool leader retires after 33 years
- 8 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 9 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 10 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
The show played for five triumphant years at the Aldwych Theatre, breaking all box office records with advance ticket sales of more than £15million, which made it the fastest selling West End show ever.
Dirty Dancing will return to Bristol on March 15, 2014. Casting will be announced soon.
Tickets, priced £10-76, are available via www.dirtydancingontour.com now.