WIN: Tickets to Van Gough exhibition shown at cinema
- Credit: Curzon cinema
Readers could win tickets to see a stunning art exhibition on the cinema screen.
Exhibition on Screen: Sunflowers will be screened at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema on June 16 at 7.30pm.
Directed by David Bickerstaff, this film provides a unique opportunity to see, as never before, this series of spectacular paintings.
Features five of the famous Arles Sunflowers from collections in London, Philadelphia, Tokyo, Munich and Amsterdam.
Vincent van Gogh’s Sunflowers are among his most famous works, and are some of the most iconic paintings in the world.
In an extraordinary exhibition, the Van Gogh Museum took a new and revealing look at the five publicly-owned versions of sunflowers in a vase. And once again, the Van Gogh museum opened its doors exclusively to Exhibition on Screen.
Each painting is different and has its own unique story, spanning one of the most famous and turbulent periods in art history. All five paintings are also now considered to be in such a delicate state that there will never be a show with all five alongside one another ever again.
Only in this film will viewers have a chance to see that on the screen – in the virtual exhibition. In doing so, the film brings to audiences many new levels of understanding both about the paintings and about Vincent van Gogh.
The Times has teamed up with the Curzon to offer one lucky reader a pair of tickets.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below before the competition deadline of 10am on Monday.
Alternatively, send your answer along with your name, phone number, address and email address to Exhibition on Screen: Sunflowers competition, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston, BS23 1LW.
Usual competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this draw, you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the cinema.
Curzon staff and volunteers are not eligible to enter.