Tickets for Burns Night event at Cadbury House on sale
- Credit: Archant
A Congresbury hotel is preparing to host its annual Burns Night to celebrate the famous Scottish bard.
A traditional meal of haggis, neeps, tatties and whisky will be served at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House in Congresbury on January 18.
Guests will also be entertained by the sounds of the 12-piece City of Bristol Pipes and Drummers and a disco will see revellers dance the night away until 1am.
The evening at Cadbury House, which is benefitting the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association, will follow many of the traditions that have made Burns Night such an important date on the Scottish calendar.
General manager Mehmet Kandemir said: "Lots of people come dressed in traditional Scottish kilts and tartans which add to the overall ambience and occasion and I'm sure will be the same again.
"The piper band and drummers really is an amazing spectacle and adds further to the whole evening."
Tickets, priced £37, are available on 01934 834343 or at www.cadburyhotelbristol.co.uk/burns-night
- 1 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 2 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 3 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 4 Festival date change due to Queen's platinum jubilee celebrations
- 5 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 6 Meet Clevedon's newest children's author
- 7 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 8 Wurzels return to Cadbury House for pre-Christmas West Country knees up
- 9 Art gallery to host 'Clevedon artist of the year'
- 10 Portishead Players ready for Christmas show