Clevedon’s Theatre Shop summer season to get started
- Credit: Paul Blakemore
A new selection of entertainment and oddities is about to take up residence in the centre of Clevedon once again.
Theatre Shop 2017 will open at 7.30pm tomorrow (Thursday) with a performance by Yorgjin Oxo, a tale of love and bravery mixed in with plenty of warm Nordic charm.
Marshlander Yorgjin Oxo can recognise a person based on the sound of the squelch of their boots on the ground.
The programme will then really click into gear in April and run throughout the summer including performances of Tortoise V Hare by Living Spit, Instant Wit and Nutty Noah.
Acts will also take their shows to some weird and wonderful places in North Somerset including Wassail Theatre Company’s production of Rex The King which will be performed at The King’s Arms in Easton-in-Gordano in May.
You may also want to watch:
Theatre Shop, which is also home to a licensed bar, is run by Living Spit and Theatre Orchard and has been hugely popular since its opening in 2015.
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 4 Shop Local: ‘Huge impact’ on independent home décor business after second lockdown hits
- 5 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 6 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 7 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 8 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 9 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 10 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals