WIN: Tickets to see The Chambermaid at Curzon cinema
- Credit: Archant
A Mexican film will be shown at a Clevedon cinema, and Times readers could win tickets to the action.
The Chambermaid will be screened at the Curzon, in Old Church Road, on September 8 at 7.30pm.
The film, which was released last year, tells the story of Eve, a conscientious maid with a broad smile and kind demeanour.
She hopes her impeccable professionalism, punctual and enterprising nature and paying close attention to the key details, will bring her promotion to Hotel Presidente's exclusive penthouse floor.
Long shifts prevent Eve from caring for her child while she helps guests with their own children. She records her day-to-day activities, from ensuring rooms are immaculately presented each morning and liaising with her colleagues and hotel maintenance staff, to enrolling in the hotel's adult education programme, which will help her chances of promotion.
You may also want to watch:
When things do not result as planned, Eve transforms her lonely explorations and newfound courage into the necessary strength to face a life outside the glimmering tower.
Director Lila Avilés' debut film profits from Gabriela Cartol's breakout performance of Eve.
- 1 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 4 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 8 Injury-hit Yatton show spirit in loss to Winscombe
- 9 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 10 WIN: Tickets to concert screened at Curzon Cinema
The Chambermaid features dry humour and sly observations about class, privilege and exploitation.
Tickets, priced £5-21, is available at www.curzon.org.uk or on box office on 01275 871000.
The Times has teamed up with the Curzon to offer one lucky reader a pair of tickets.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below before the competition dealine of 10am on Tuesday.
Send your answer along with your name, address, email address and phone number to The Chambermaid competition, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset, BS23 1LW.
Usual competition rules apply and the editor's decision is final. By entering this draw, you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the cinema.
Curzon staff and volunteers are not eligible to enter this competition.