Clevedon poet publishes first book
- Credit: Peter Gibbs
A Clevedon poet has had his first book published.
Peter Gibbs has released Let The Good Times Roll, a poetry anthology.
Peter has been a journalist for all his working life and spent 30 years on the Western Daily Press regional morning newspaper in Bristol, latterly as assistant editor.
He has written poetry for more than 60 years, continuing when he moved to Clevedon, North Somerset, in 1968.
Some of his poems about the Victorian seaside town and the surrounding area appeared in an anthology, In The Footsteps of Poets, published in Autumn, 2019, by the Clevedon Community Press.
Peter will read poems from his book at the Clevedon Literary Festival’s open mic session on June 12.
The book was earned praise from famous author Jilly Cooper.
It is available to buy on Amazon at bit.ly/peterspoetry
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset