Gilbert & Sullivan Society to present Patience
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon Gilbert & Sullivan Society will perform its latest show next week.
The group, which was founded in 1972, will present Patience at Princes Hall in Princes Road from February 14-17.
All of the maidens living in a fictional village are besotted with handome poet Reginald Bunthorne, who has made up his artistic ways as a ruse to attract female attention.
However he only has eyes for one woman, the local milkmaid Patience, who is in love with genuine poet Archibald Grosvenor.
Aside from that love triangle, the Heavy Platoon Guards, who were supposed to marry the village maidens, are very down-heartened by their floundering prospects.
You may also want to watch:
Patience will be performed in Clevedon at 7.30pm each night.
Tickets, priced £6-10, are available from Katez Kraftz @ 3Beez in Teignmouth Road, 07516 271013 or online.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 7 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 8 Further delays for rail project
- 9 Shop Local: ‘Huge impact’ on independent home décor business after second lockdown hits