Cadbury House column: Group class your way to fitness
- Credit: Cadbury House
Anyone wanting to get fit but has a little trepidation about going it alone will find that when it comes to improving their fitness and health, group classes will go a long way to helping them achieve their goals.
Not only does a group exercise class offer more encouragement and motivation than working out in a solo environment, it is also a way to meet new people and make new friends.
Although some people might prefer to exercise on their own, Jason Eaton, general manager at theclub, Cadbury House in Congresbury also knows the many benefits of being surrounded by others.
Jason said: “We have a wide range of group classes here at theclub, all of which are hugely popular with our members and visiting guests.
"Key is to provide as much a range as possible which then suits the varying fitness levels and objectives of those who want to take part.
“Some are more high impact or aerobic while others are less stressful and great for the mind.
“Whatever your preference, a group class has many benefits. One main reason is you’ll get lots of encouragement and motivation not only from the experienced instructors but also from your fellow classmates.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
“No one is going to judge you either and you can push yourself as hard or as little as you want. You’re in control and as long as you’re enjoying it, you’ll feel brilliant afterwards.
“There is also a set routine so you don’t have to worry about what you have to do. You never know, you might find out about a new exercise that you really enjoy.
“Also, once you’ve put your name down for a class, you have to turn up, so there’s no getting out of it.
“Here at Cadbury House we really do have arguably one of the most comprehensive range of group classes available anywhere in the south west so whether it’s spin, yoga, pilates, body pump or dance, we’ve got the class for you.
“We also run virtual as well as instructor-led classes and are ideal for those who just want to pop in without having to wait.
“And now that we’re fully reopen, there really isn’t any excuse and we look forward to saying hi to old and new members looking to get fit.”
For more information, log on to www.theclubandspabristol.co.uk